Zoning Permits are required prior to obtaining all building permits. Building permits are required for all new buildings and most reconstructions. Application and required additional information with a $30 zoning fee must be sent to:
PO Box 152
Breedsville, MI 49027
Contact by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Zoning and Building Permit Application Checklist
Before a permit is issued, all the following documents must be submitted
- Complete Building Permit Application
- Call / E-mail Zoning Administrator, Bob Delooff (269) 427-9029 / email@example.com
- Call Building Inspector, Chuck Moore (269)569-0015 with any building code questions.
- Site Plan or lot diagram (see Zoning app for instructions
- Property tax ID number ( found on tax bill)
- Septic & Well Permits (Permit/s required for new construction(with Plumbing); replacement of home “to hook existing”. adding bedrooms) Health Dept (269)621-3143.
- Proof of ownership (provide a copy of tax statement, deed, and land contract)
- Construction Plans: The ZA does not need full-scale construction drawings to determine Zoning Ordinance compliance (ie, size of the house, square footage, height, etc) Note: The building inspector and assessor will need full detailed construction plans.
- Mobile Homes (if preowned mobile home, double wide or modular, the zoning ordinance requires the building inspector to inspect the unit before permit is issued) Chuck Moore (269)569-0015
NOTE: The zoning and/or building permit approval does NOT include other trade permits – Electrical, Mechanical, or Plumbing. The applications are on the website www.breedsville.org
It is the legal responsibility to obtain all proper permits and call for all required inspections, including but not limited to the footing foundation wall, rough in final.