RULES AND POLICY REGARDING EXEMPTIONS FROM
SHOVELING RESIDENTIAL SIDEWALKS
These rules and policies, adopted by the Village Board, apply only to sidewalks located on property that is zoned residential and used as a residence. Property zoned or used for commercial, or business purposes is not covered by these rules and policies.
The owner, renter, or occupant of property (sometimes “applicant”) located in the Village may request an exemption from the requirement that all sidewalks shall be shoveled based on the following:
- Based on age or other conditions, the owner, renter, or occupant is physically unable to shovel the sidewalks on the property in the Village.
- The applicant has requested an exemption from the shoveling requirement before the date on which snow falls that the applicant seeks permission not to shovel.
- The applicant certifies that no other owner, renter, or occupant of the property is able to shovel the snow based on age or other conditions.
- The applicant is financially unable to hire a third party to do the shoveling.
- The applicant has exhausted all other means of finding someone to do the shoveling.
Linda Norton, Clerk